Monday, March 2, 2009

My Wife

This is the first posting for a category I will call, "My Favorite People". Each one will discuss someone in my life who is special to me. I figured that if I am going to do this, the very first one should be about my wife.

My wife just had her birthday. Even though it is in March, she starts the celebration as soon as Christmas is over. She counts on getting her "birthday check" from her parents each year and starts spending it long before they are thinking about writing it. In fact, it seems as though it gets spent several times over again.

She has a heart as big as anyone that I know and I get a front row seat to watch God use her in various people's lives. Even more, I get to be on the receiving end of amazing love. I tease her, that my goal is to give her everything she wants, but it is probably more true that I come close to getting everything I want.

If you are hurting, you will not find anyone more compassionate. If you are in need, she is ready to give. If you are family or friend, you have a defender. She works hard, gives much, loves much and needs much. That's OK. I get to be the one God uses to help meet her needs. I am blessed to be the husband of my wife! She loves God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit. She loves those close to her and especially, she loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment